Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Zero Calorie Apple Celery Salad

I am not one that usually enjoys Celery in my salad. The reality is, I am not that big of a Celery fan at all. So I was shocked when I fell in love with this salad. I admit it does not sound appealing at all. Funny thing is... everyone loved it. We had company here from out of town, so I made two salads, one that was negative calorie foods, for me. The other a creamy cucumber dish for the guests. Everyone loaded up on the cucumber one and just took a little spoonful of the apple celery salad. Soon, everyone came back for seconds of the apple celery salad and it was the talk of the table, how well the flavors went together. I dare you to try it. Eat it all day... it is after all burning more calories than it contains. 


Negative Calorie Apple Celery Salad
adapted from beyond salmon
4 celery stalks sliced thin ( I used a peeler and slowly peeled the celery, then cut the slices into thirds)
1 apple, cut into julienne slices
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 Tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tsp lime or lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste.


Chill until you are ready to serve, or serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!